The Bakflip MX4 and Fibermax tonneau covers are two of the most popular truck bed covers on the market. They both have their own unique set of features that make them stand out from the competition. So, which one is the better choice for you?
The Bakflip MX4 is made from aluminum and polycarbonate, which makes it extremely durable. It also has a sleek design that looks great on any truck. The Fibermax tonneau cover is made from fiberglass, which makes it very lightweight. It also has a unique design that allows you to open and close it with one hand.Both of these tonneau covers have their own set of pros and cons. It really depends on your personal preferences as to which one is the better choice for you.
What is bakflip mx4?
The BakFlip MX4 is a hard folding tonneau cover that gives you the best of both worlds: the security of a hard cover with the convenience of a soft cover. The MX4 is made of aluminum panels that are coated with a UV-resistant and scratch-resistant finish. The cover folds up in seconds, so you can access your truck bed without having to remove the entire cover. The MX4 is also easy to install and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Bestseller No. 1
- Fits 2021 - 2023 Ford F-150 (incl. Raptor/Lightning) 5' 7" Bed (67.1") NEW! Precisely engineered for compatibility with Ford’s unique truck bed and its automatic tailgate feature
- ULTIMATE SECURITY | The BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover has durable aluminum panels that automatically latch as the cover is partially or fully closed, and is fully locked once your tailgate is closed
- STYLISH MATTE FINISH | Featuring matte-finished aluminum panels, protecting against marks, scratches and UV damage; as well as premium upgrades to the perimeter seals and hardware
- 100% BED ACCESS | Operate this cover closed, folded or flipped up, all without covering the 3rd brake light. Paired with a dual action tailgate seal for tailgate operation open or closed
- WE’VE GOT YOUR BAK | The MX4 truck bed cover is rated up to 400 lbs of evenly distributed weight and is easy to install. This hard fold has a 5-year, hassle-free warranty, with a US-based support team
What People Like about the Bakflip mx4
1. The Bakflip MX4 is a great tonneau cover if you are looking for a cover that will provide you with maximum security for your truck bed.
2. The MX4 is made out of aluminum which makes it extremely durable and weather resistant.
3. This cover is also very easy to install and remove, which is a great feature if you need to access your truck bed frequently.
4. The MX4 provides excellent protection from the elements and is also very stylish, which makes it a great choice for any truck owner.
What People Don’t Like about the Bakflip mx4
The Bakflip MX4 is a hard folding tonneau cover that offers great protection for your truck bed and cargo. However, there are a few disadvantages to consider before purchasing this product. First, the Bakflip MX4 is one of the more expensive tonneau covers on the market. Second, the cover can be difficult to remove if you need to access your truck bed frequently. Finally, the cover is not compatible with all truck bed accessories, such as bed liners and some types of racks.
Buying Guide of bakflip mx4
The BakFlip MX4 is a hard folding tonneau cover that offers the security of a hard cover with the convenience of a soft cover. It features an aluminum frame with a powder-coated finish and a UV-resistant vinyl cover. The cover folds up in seconds, providing full bed access, and can be secured in the closed position with the included locking system. The MX4 is easy to install and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Let’s Find Some FAQs
1. What are the dimensions of the Bakflip MX4?
The robust aluminum panels of the BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover automatically latch as the cover is half or fully closed, and it is entirely locked once your tailgate is closed. It measures 68 x 8 x 23 inches. The BAKFlip MX4 was the first matte-finished, hard folding cover to hit the market, quickly becoming America’s best-selling hard folding cover.
2. How much does the Bakflip MX4 weigh?
The Bakflip MX4 is a tough folding tonneau cover consisting of matte-finish aluminum panels. The cover is intended to protect your truck bed and cargo from the weather while also making access to your truck bed simple. The Fibermax tonneau cover is a soft folding cover with a glossy surface comprised of vinyl panels. The cover is intended to protect your truck bed and cargo from the weather while also making access to your truck bed simple. It has a weight of 60.9 pounds.
3. What is the capacity of the Bakflip MX4?
Rain or shine, the MX4 provides secure cargo storage with twin drain tubes to channel water away from the truck bed and full perimeter sealing to assist prevent water penetration. Finally, the MX4 can support up to 400 pounds of equally distributed weight and comes with a 5-year hassle-free guarantee.
A fibermax tonneau cover is a cover that is made out of a fiberglass material. This makes it extremely durable and long lasting, as well as being very light weight. This cover is designed to fit over the bed of a truck, and it is held in place by a system of straps and clamps. The cover will keep your belongings dry and secure, and it will also help to reduce wind noise while you are driving.
SaleBestseller No. 1
- Fits 2019 - 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 5' 7" Bed (67.4")
- The panels are held in place by an automatic latching system. When you need to open the cover, use the strings located on either side to release the latches and fold the cover up
- The FiberMax is built using FRP (fiberglass reinforced polymer) panels. This material is highly resistant to dents and scratches
- The FiberMax can be installed with a wrench and socket. Leave the drill in your toolbox
- The cover can be opened up to your truck's bulkhead when you need to carry oversize cargo. Struts hold the cover in place so you can drive safely with the cover open
Let’s Find Some FAQs
1. How kind of material do I need to install a Fibermax tonneau cover?
One of the most appealing aspects of the Bak Flip Fibermax is that it can remain open on your vehicle while traveling, even at highway speeds. This means you can tote huge loads without having to remove the tonneau cover. The Fibermax robust aluminum design makes it the ideal complement for your truck, whether you work or play. The Bakflip Fibermax is easy to install and does not require any drilling. The only tool you will require is a 9/16th wrench.
2. How do I need to clean a Fibermax tonneau cover?
Cleaning with standard automotive soap and water and a gentle sponge or cloth is advised. To maintain the finish clean and dazzling, shammy dry. Wax is not suggested since it tends to fill in cracks and crevices, affecting the textured panel surface. Use no abrasives or harsh cleansers.
3. How do I remove a Fibermax tonneau cover?
The majority of soft tonneaus can be removed by one person. The procedure will be identical to that of putting a tonneau cover. So, if you were able to install your cover on your own, you should be able to remove it on your own as well. When using a hard tonneau, such as a tri-fold or quad-fold type, be cautious not to harm your bed rails. When removing a hard tonneau, you may want to enlist the assistance of a friend or two.
Final Word for bakflip mx4 and fibermax tonneau cover
The Bakflip MX4 and Fibermax tonneau covers are two of the most popular choices on the market. They both have their pros and cons, but overall, the Bakflip MX4 is the better choice. It’s more durable, has better weather resistance, and is easier to use.