As a pickup truck owner, I have the experience of using a variety of Tonneau covers for a while. I’m certain that every truck owner will agree on the essentiality of Tonneau covers. However, I find it more assuring to use fiberglass tonneau covers than plastic or metal ones.
Nevertheless, among all the existing fiberglass tonneau covers in the market, A.R.E accessories for fiberglass tonneau covers are undoubtedly one of the best quality products available.
ARE Fiberglass Tonneau Covers for pickup trucks are visually appealing and secured for your tools and elements. So, in this article, let’s get to know about a variety of fiberglass tonneau covers from it.
A.R.E Fiberglass Fusion Tonneau Cover
The Fusion™ series of A.R.E Tonneau Cover is one of the newest editions. You can obtain it in a tri-fold cover with a paint-to-match smooth finish for your truck. Moreover, You can avail the full bed access by using this. Additionally, it will provide you attractive styling and excellent security for your pickup truck.
Features of Fusion™ Tonneau Cover
- It provides an exclusive tri-fold cover with the panels of the paint-to-match option.
- Moreover, it can operate as a universal tailgate as well.
- Plus, the design is both attractive and low-profile.
- Additionally, the installation process is L-rail and quite easy.
- Also, The underneath part of the panels is carpeted.
- In addition to this, it provides a battery functional LED light.
Why You Should Consider Buying Fusion™ Tonneau Cover
Paint-to-match Feature: You can obtain a painted-to-match color option with the color code of your truck. Additionally, the aluminum panels will have a lifetime warranty as well.
Atmosphere Resistant Quality: Your truck bed will be protected by internal and external seals of Fusion™ Tonneau Cover. Moreover, its drainage system is effective in keeping the water out of the truck bed.
Arm Support System: It has an exclusive support arm system that holds the tonneau cover when it is opened fully.
Affordable Price Range: You can avail your preferred Tonneau Cover based on your truck size. But the shipping charge and installation fee are not added to it. You can check out A.R.E. Fusion Tonneau Cover 2019 GMC Sierra as a good option.
Best Fusion Covers
If you have decided to get a Fusion bed cover you can try one of the following two-
LSII Series Fiberglass Tonneau Cover by A.R.E.
If you are looking for a custom-made hard tonneau cover, then the LSII series is perfectly suited for you. A.R.E designed this model based on various factors like compound curvature, styling with lines with your truck, etc.
Features of LSII Series Tonneau Cover
- The lock system is effectively balanced and user-friendly with the key.
- Additionally, the cover is lightweight and does not rest its weight on truck paint completely.
- Plus, it is designed considering the mounting railing system.
- Moreover, the installation is clamp-on and can be easily removed and reinstalled.
- In addition to this, a fiberglass tonneau cover weight range is around 90 to 120 lbs depending on size.
Why You Should Consider Buying LSII Tonneau Cover
Lift Assist System: It provides a lift assisting system that can lift up to 220+ lbs of any stress. Also, this Lift Assist System makes the opening and closing of Tonneau cover smooth.
Installation Facility: As it follows the clamp-on installation with 9/16′ wrench, it does not require any drilling in your truck bed rail. As a result, the resale value of the truck stays.
Exclusive Functions: Other than excellent features, the series consists of facilities like a continuous hinge, down and over the truck bed, extra width inside, automotive grade, quality gray carpet, fuel-saving option, and many more. Additionally, the price range is quite affordable as well.
A.R.E. Fiberglass 3DL Series Tonneau Cover
A.R.E has also launched the new edition of the 3DL Series of Tonneau Covers. The key feature of this innovation edition is the smooth loading and unloading facility. As a result, your truck becomes quite flexible, organized, and easily accessible.
Features of 3DL Tonneau Cover
- It has two door systems situated on each side.
- Moreover, the opening of the cover uses a hinge system.
- In addition to this, it has an excellent security system for the products inside.
- Plus, it provides a paint-to-match facility.
Why You Should Consider Buying 3DL Series Tonneau Cover
Keyless Access: Unlike other Tonneau covers, you can have a remote keyless entry option on this. You can get a LED lighting system as well.
User-friendly Convenience: You can get side access to your truck bed. Additionally, you can keep your equipment safe by using three handles lock.
A.R.E Fiberglass LEER 550 Series Tonneau Cover
If you are looking for a cost-efficient and low-profile expense fiberglass Tonneau Cover, then LEER 550 is a suitable option for you. Based on the feedback of consumers, it is quite reliable and maintains long-lasting quality as well.
Features Of LEER 550
- It is a custom-fit tonneau cover.
- Plus, you can buy an adjustable superlift assist with it.
- Additionally, it provides you a decent rear-mounted flip-lock handle.
- Moreover, you will get keyless remote access, internal LED lighting system as well.
Why You Should Consider Buying LEER 550 Tonneau Cover
You can avail exclusive facilities like a flip-lock handle with Rotary latches, Gas props, bar hinges, front-mounted FlexSeal etc. Moreover, you can receive a lifetime warranty with it. SKU 550 is a suggested fiberglass Tonneau cover.
Best Fusion Covers
If you have decided to get a Fusion bed cover, you can try one of the following two-
Other Fiberglass Tonneau Cover Options from ARE
- The LEER 700 model can revolutionize your truck and provide high-dimensional style. Moreover, it has a hidden lock linkage feature. On the other hand, the 750 Sport is an OEM-inspired model. It provides premium looks and excellent aerodynamic styling to your truck. You can get the LEER-ROLLITUP-Tonneau-Low-Profile-15-Minute, if it fits your truck.
- The Overland Option is another magnificent tonneau cover. Moreover, it is rugged looking and tough cover that suits conveniently with any truck size. Additionally, the design of this model is two-toned off-road. Moreover, it is strong enough to maintain a high stress area because of its spray-on protective coating system.
- Another effective fiberglass tonneau cover is the OTR option. It is quite durable. This A.R.E product provides excellent quality service with spray-on protective coating as well.
- This new edition of the ToolMaster series by A.R.E. provides the ultimate solution for commercial fiberglass caps. It provides reliable quality service. Plus, it is strong and rugged. Additional paint-to-match style and finish services are also available. Moreover, the weight capacity is just around 120+ lbs. A.R.E. brand fiberglass cap and tonneau cover provide lifetime warranty service to the customers. The clamp-on installation method of this tool is quite easy to do.
How To Install A Fiberglass Tonneau Cover
Here is the step-by-step process to complete the task.
- First, you need to install the cover rails.
- Next, you should open the tailgate.
- After that, you are required to set a side rail loosely on the rail of the bed on your truck.
- Now, you need to clamp the side rail. Keep in mind that it needs to be placed next to the cab.
- If required, you can add some shims. After that, set the other clamps as well.
- Now, do the same on the other side of the rail.
- Now, make the adjustment to both rails.
- Finally, tighten up the clamps, and you are good to go.
How To Paint Fiberglass Tonneau Cover
Let’s have a look at the step by step process for it.
- First, use a thick coat primer spray. Use it on the fiberglass tonneau cover and let it dry for 25-30 minutes.
- Now, you should apply around four to five thin coats of paint.
- Keep in mind that you should hold the sprayer at least 7 to 8 inches high from the surface.
- Now, apply the thin coat.
- Let it dry for around 30-35 minutes, and you are good to go.
A.R.E Fiberglass Tonneau Cover Parts
There are a bunch of parts that you can avail specifically. For instance, Gas Props, buckle/strap kit, rear clamp, rod, release handles, labels, buckle ends, gas struts, latches etc. Keep in mind that you can get them as ARE fiberglass replacement parts as well.
In conclusion, I would suggest you decide your preferred Tonneau cover based on your truck’s model, quality, and size and pick the one that suits your truck most. If you find this article helpful, give it a thumbs-up. Cheers!